Thursday 11 March 2010

Rode Videomic

Here's the microphone I want!!



I've done quite a bit of reading and this seems like a good choice. It's not as cheap as some maplin mics but to be honest, I'm not sure I trust them. Audio quality is a big part of the overall feel of a film and I'm quite happy to spend a bit of money here. It should be the only mic I need for a long long time. It can also be attached to a boom pole!

It's a good shotgun mic especially designed for DV camcorders. It fits into the accessory shoe (although I will still be recording into a computer as my camcorder has no external mic jack). There are some seriously (prohibitively) expensive mics out there. And some cheap and nasty looking ones. This one is £100 but lots of websites selling it at the £80 mark or less, plus it gets a really good write up.

Looking forward to getting this!! Going to be a hermit in April to save money. I don't have much spending money these days... a month or two should be enough to save up for it.

Read about the Rode Videomic here
http://usa.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=VideoMic

No comments:

Post a Comment