Friday 5 March 2010

DETONATION FILMS - explosion footage!

I'm cutting my teeth on Final Cut Express, which is a really brilliant program for editing and putting together videos. I've used iMovie up til now, which is great fun and really easy to use, but Final Cut offers so much more. Learning to walk before I can run though, and I figure editing this video will be a really good opportunity to learn while working.

Detonationfilms.com is a website I mentioned in the previous post that host stock explosion footage for you to use in a low budget action movie. They have explosions, smoke, bullet hits, sparks, spurting blood. falling debris, all kinds of stuff you can composite into your movie. With a little playing around you can have a lot of fun with this stuff. If you know what you're doing, you can actually make some of this stuff look pretty convincing. They have some tutorials on the website too. Most of the stuff you need to pay for but they have LOTS of full quality free samples, more than enough for you to play with.

Go there! And blow things up!!

http://www.detonationfilms.com/

http://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment