Thursday 3 May 2012

More from David Lynch night!



David Lynch Night at the Urban Bar Whitechapel -

Part 2 of 3 now online!



This was the main fruit of yesterday's time in the editing chair. I have to say I really enjoyed putting it together. The fades are something I haven't really used on other video projects but, as with part one, the dreamy/nightmarish audio just works really well with a softer, dreamier edit. It was a damn shame I didn't manage to get a better audio recording on the night, you can really hear people chattering away over the music. So far I have never got a separate audio take, I always just amalgamate the camera mics together, but it's something I want to do, especially if it leads to a better video.
Tomorrow I'm in Soup Studios with Houdini, taping Greg's vocals for the promo video I'm working on. Should be a relatively quick affair, but as always, I'm excited to be behind the camera.

I have some more work to clear before I can really start looking forward, but soon I will be bringing two worlds together! As some of you may know I'm also working with a small team of indie developers on an Xbox 360 "Indie Games" title. I will be helping assemble a video to publicise the upcoming entry of our game into the Dream Build Play competition, which we're entering in the prelude to the completion of the game. Watch this space for more info, we're really excited about this game and we hope that some of you will get to play it.

As for the rest of the week, I will be home Friday as I'm going to be working all Saturday. It's a good thing as I will probably be tired after the Soup Studios session on Thursday, more so from the schlepping on public transport with the camera than the work, which will of course be fun.

By partially complete coincidence, World War II stealthy shooter Sniper Elite V2 will be arriving on my doorstep that very same Friday morning. Any gamers reading this tried it yet? I must have played the demo about 30 times. I cannot wait to get stuck into this bastard. As a reward for getting footage uploaded and more work on the Houdini videos of course.

I have to say Friday can't come soon enough! After a day of shooting Nazis in the face and some primo time in the editors chair, Dee and I will get our feet up and hopefully get our teeth into Caprica. We totally nerded out this Easter on the entirety of the re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica. I know I'm late to the party, but it was tremendous! We want more!





I hope you're all having an excellent Wednesday. Thanks for reading and I hope you're gearing up for a nice long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment