Sunday 6 February 2011

New Draft, New Camera!

The "Surviving The Toilet Circuit" short film project is moving ahead at full steam. We collaborated on a rewrite  just this week and I have a highly scribbled on script and some files on the computer that will all tie together to a brand new draft.

We also went and bought a camera that will we use on the shoot, the Canon XL1s, the little brother of the benchmark (and pricey) Canon XL2.

Here it is:



It is a prosumer camera that you can pick up these days for about £750, despite a couple thousand when it first came out. They used these bad boys to film the deserted London scenes in 28 Days Later, and if they are good enough for Danny Boyle, then they are good enough for me!

Very exciting times. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

1 comment:

  1. whoa. I guess you could say shit just got serious on this project. It's slowly sinking in. I'm commenting myself. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete