Tuesday 27 April 2010

What does no-budget filmmaking mean?

I'm just looking for blogs on the subject so I can hopefully find some like minded souls. I keep finding groups dedicated to "no budget filmmaking on $50,000 or less" or people advertising how they made a short film for £6,000.

That's crazy fucking money. Low budget? NO budget? I know making a film costs money. I know making a big film takes hundreds of people. I know using film means there are a lot of costs for developing and colour correction, locations and props and extras. But I'm far more interested in spending next to NO cash. That's surely more challenging, more interesting?

My no-budget is not their no-budget. Although I don't think hiring a massive sony video camera, as I recently did, classifies as no budget either!

No comments:

Post a Comment