Wednesday 1 February 2012

Faster than a speeding bullet

It's all go this week. Sometimes I have trouble updating the blog because I have nothing to say, other times I just have no time to say everything.

Friday

Filming the "new project" finally on Friday. Don't know if we'll get it all done, but it would be nice to get halfway through! Heading straight out to Watford with Mark, where we'll meet Frazer and we'll get cracking with the filming. The day is falling fast upon us and I'm going over the script from lots of different angles trying to make sure I've got everything covered, that we'll have all the props, how each scene will be lit, where I will put the mic, the state of the house and the depth of beardyness we need Frazer to be rocking. I'm trying to make sure I really know it all inside out and that I can keep the whole thing feeling "together".  I'm glad we've already had the test run. We're in good stead. I've already made my inventory list for the day, so that we don't arrive at Watford only to discover we're missing our tapes or audio cables. I don't quite feel prepared, but then again, I don't think you ever feel ready. It's tough, combining the work required for these video shoots with a full time job, a long cycle commute (in the freezing fucking cold), spending quality time with Dee and the dog, not to mention a heavy compulsion to do nothing but play Skyrim and eat Shreddies for 72 hours in a row.

Saturday

It's a busy weekend, filming Friday, back at work for Saturday, then finally home for some relaxation on Sunday.  Both myself and Dee have been so busy and pre-occupied lately that we have forgotten that Saturday is our 8 year anniversary! And I'll be at work! Terrible timing. I'm hoping we can out for a meal together on Sunday, we don't get to do that sort of thing enough, and times are hard financially, as I'm sure many of you reading this will attest.

Next Friday

Next Friday I'm meeting Andy from Syncrovise to shoot my first product information video. We're doing it for one of his Syncrovise clients, I imagine we should get all the taping done in 5 or 6 hours.
I've also got a paid gig coming up with Andy filming a website segment for a company that erects estate agent signs. I can't thank Andy enough for the support he's shown in getting me started up with proper work. If all goes well perhaps Syncrovise will be able to offer basic video work as part of their website creation package and Andy can keep the odd video job coming my way. I'd be happy with that! My major goal is to create a short film that I can be proud of. It's what I've wanted to do ever since I started. But if I can get paid while earning experience working with a camera in different environments and bossing people about, as well as drinking tea while editing (biscuits optional but risky for the keyboard), then HECK YES sign me up.

The Mayor is Outside (but he'll never find me)


I'm at my day job right now and as I type this Boris Johnson is just outside my building getting ready to officially cut the ribbon on Exhibition Road, which has recently been rebuilt into a shared traffic/pedestrian space, a (quite nice actually) open paved area that reaches from South Kensington station all the way up to Hyde Park. I'd go and check it out if I wasn't trying to squeeze every industrious minute out of my tea break before I go back to work. Realistically, I don't even have time to write this blog entry!

I wonder if there will be acrobats and toffee apple stands? That's what happens at these things, right? Ah well, back to the grind, and I'll have more for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment