Sunday 9 May 2010

Grenade - Finished!! MOSTLY.

That's it! After several long nights staring into Final Cut Express (a really great program and a good step up from iMovie) I have finished the music video for Grenade!!

I now don't need to worry about my earlier voiced concern of using several "chunks" from the same master clip throughout the video, Final Cut lets you do this no problem, and changing the IN and OUT points on your master won't alter any clips already in the timeline which are from the same master. A lot of people smarter than me will be reading that and saying "no shit" but I'm learning by doing, with not much background knowledge, and I'm learning a lot! Feeling much more confident with the program now.

A few hiccups and backtracks required, but I got there in the end. Really quite proud of the final video, although it's not as good as I was hoping. Video quality is a step up from what I'm used to but not as good as when I played the miniDV through my camcorder into my TV, then it looked great! I am still getting some horizontal lines in my attempts at a full quality output (although I am ticking the de-interlace source video option) so I need more time with that. I could probably do with understanding more about the different formats. I am also getting a kind of blur around the edges/slight ghosting that is only really visible on freeze frames, I expected this from my camcorder but was hoping I'd have more clarity with the big-ass Sony camera I was using. I think that might be a limitation of miniDV though, as I was still using miniDV casettes.

I have to edit the video for Half A Glass yet, so I don't know if the band want this video to be available publicly yet. Still putting the final touches on. But as soon as I am all the way finished, I will post the video here!

Thanks for reading!! x x

No comments:

Post a Comment