Saturday 5 June 2010

Half A Glass - a semi rejection

The video was liked but not loved! Have a meeting with the band on Tuesday to discuss what to do. They adored Grenade, but they found Half A Glass to lack a narrative, owing to the documentary style nature of the filming (the majority of the footage was from a large party).

At least they are honest, which is really important. Looking forward to meeting with them, it should be constructive!

A little bummed that they don't like it, but it seems to be the idea rather than the execution that they are thinking doesn't work, and I have no authorship over the idea so I don't mind that too much!! To be honest, I think the video is okay. It works. I'll post it up here (and Grenade) once they are ready to be aired.

In other news, I bought myself a professional quality clapperboard recently, after having a tricky time with my hand scrawled notes and organising the recorded tapes from the Grenade shoot mostly from memory. A clapperboard would have come in handy a lot earlier. Great for indexing. Plus, it just feels damn cool to have one!!

If you want one, I highly recommend these guys

http://www.clapperboard.net/

Here's the one that I got:

http://www.clapperboard.net/details/clapperboard3.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment