Thursday 4 March 2010

Tripod Dolly

My tripod dolly arrived! I set it up and clamped in my tripod - very easy! I wheeled it around the house but I noticed the camera was shaking quite badly... the footage looked very shaky. That's exactly the opposite of how I wanted my dolly footage to look!! I am concerned.

I re-read the reviews on amazon.co.uk and 8 out of 9 reviews gave glowing praise. The one negative review reflected my problems exactly. However, there is a comment attached to the review, recommending that the reviewer adds weights to the tripod to increase stability. My tripod (Hama Star 63) comes with a hook at the bottom of the central coloumn for just this purpose. I always thought it looked a little plasticy, but I'm going to give it a try this weekend and see if that fixes the problem!!

Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment